Adrian Peterson is one of the premier running backs in the NFL, known for his strength and agility on the field. He has built an impressive physique that combines sheer power with lightning speed.
His combination of abilities allows him to create plays that break down defenses and make him one of the game’s most dynamic stars. Peterson’s body is a testament to his hard work and dedication to physical training, and it’s why he’s considered one of the greatest backs in history.
In this blog post, we’ll look at how Adrian Peterson has crafted and maintained his incredible physique over the years. We’ll explore some of the exercises he uses, as well as nutrition tips that keep him at peak performance during games. With this knowledge, you can build your yard-breaking strength and agility!
A Detailed Look At Adrian Peterson’s Workout Routine
Monday – Chest, And Triceps
On Mondays, Adrian Peterson starts off his week with chest and triceps exercises.
This includes bench pressing, incline presses, decline presses, chest flyes, dips, cable crossovers, push-ups, skull crushers, tricep extensions, tricep pushdowns, and close grip bench presses.
- Flat Bench Press – 6 sets of 4 reps
- Incline Bench Press – 6 sets of 4 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes – 6 sets of 4 reps
- Decline Dumbbell Bench Press – 6 sets of 4 reps
- Cable Crossover – 6 sets of 4 reps
- V-Bar or Rope Triceps Extensions – 6 sets of 4 reps
- Triceps Dips – 6 sets of 4 reps
- Dumbbell Kickbacks – 6 sets of 4 reps
- Standing Dumbbell Triceps Extensions – 6 sets of 4 reps
Tuesday – Legs
On Tuesdays, Adrian focuses on leg exercises such as squats (both front and back), lunges (both forward and reverse), step-ups, deadlifts, and calf raises.
He usually does 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps for each exercise.
By targeting his legs on this day he can build strength and power for game days when he needs to make quick cuts or burst through the defensive line.
- Straight-Leg Deadlift – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Dumbbell Bench Squat – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Leg Press – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Seated Leg Curls – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Dumbbell Stepping Lunges – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Seated Calf Raise – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Seated Leg Extensions – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
Wednesday – Back And Biceps
For back day Adrian will do exercises such as pull-ups (wide grip or narrow grip depending on the goal), bent-over rows (both barbell rows or dumbbell rows) lat pull-downs (overhand or underhand grip).
For biceps, he will do curls (barbell curls or hammer curls) as well as concentration curls or preacher curls if he wants to focus on isolating those muscles more specifically.
Again, he will do 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps for each exercise here as well.
- Bent-Over Rows – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Rear Dumbbell Rows – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Dumbbell Incline Rows – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Lying Cambered Barbell Rows – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Seated Cable Rows – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Dumbbell Curls – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Concentration Curls – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Hammer Curls – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Wide-Grip Pulldowns – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
Thursday – Abdominals
Adrian also makes sure to work out his core muscles on Thursdays by doing sit-ups, crunches (with both feet up or with just one leg up), planks (front planks or side planks) leg raises (on a flat surface or hanging from a pull-up bar).
He typically does 3 sets of 6 reps of each exercise here as well to target those core muscles while also getting a good cardio workout too!
- Weighted Crunch – 3 sets of 6 reps
- Decline Crunch – 3 sets of 6 reps
- Ab Plate Twist – 3 sets of 6 reps
- Hanging Leg Raise – 3 sets of 6 reps
- Roman Chair Sit-Ups – 3 sets of 6 reps
Friday – Shoulders
For shoulders Adrian will do exercises like military press (seated or standing), lateral raises (either seated or standing), upright rows (with either barbells or dumbbells) shrugs, etc.
Again he will typically do 3 sets of 6-8 repetitions for each exercise here too so that he can hit those shoulder muscles with maximum intensity!
- Seated Military Press – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Barbell Shrugs – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Alternating Dumbbell Raise – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Incline Reverse Flys – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Arnold Press – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Hang Clean Pull – 3 sets of 6-8 reps
Saturday And Sunday – Rest
Finally, on Saturdays and Sundays, Adrian takes a complete rest day to give his body time to fully recover from all the intense workouts throughout the week!
This way, when Monday comes around again, he’ll be ready to go full force once more!
What Does the Adrian Peterson Diet Consist Of?
Adrian Peterson’s daily diet consists of several key elements that help him stay energized and ready for whatever comes his way. Here are some of the main components of his diet:
- Protein-rich foods – Eating a variety of lean proteins such as chicken, fish, eggs, lean beef, and turkey will provide energy to fuel workouts as well as muscle growth and repair
- Complex carbohydrates – Complex carbs such as brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, oats, whole wheat bread, and legumes provide sustained energy throughout workouts or games without spiking blood sugar levels as simple carbs can.
- Fruits & vegetables – Eating an array of fruits and vegetables helps ensure that you get all the essential vitamins and minerals you need while also providing antioxidants which help fight off free radicals in your body caused by stress or environmental factors such as pollutants or toxins.
- Healthy fats – Eating healthy fats such as olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, nuts/seeds (including nut butter), fatty fish (e.g., salmon), and avocados will help you meet your daily fat requirements while avoiding unhealthy trans fats found in many processed foods or fried foods often found in restaurants or fast food establishments.
- Supplements – Taking supplements such as whey protein powder or BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) can help fill any gaps left by food sources to ensure your body has all it needs to maximize performance during training sessions or games alike.
- Hydration – Staying hydrated with plenty of water throughout the day is essential for proper bodily function and optimal performance on the field!
8. Practicing Portion Control – Adhering to proper portion sizes is important when trying to maintain a healthy weight while still allowing for muscle growth with adequate calorie intake from nutritious food sources only!
A Day In The Life Of Adrian Peterson’s Diet
- Adrian Peterson starts every morning with breakfast, which usually consists of 5 egg whites, bacon, and Wholegrain pancakes.
- Before heading out for a workout, he drinks Cytomax for some extra energy. After his workout, he takes 2 scoops of Muscle Milk powder for recovery and replenishment.
- At lunchtime, Adrian eats baked chicken with vegetables (usually carrots or green beans) and brown rice.
- For dinner, he enjoys grilled chicken breast accompanied by pasta.
- And as a nighttime snack, he goes with Muscle Milk Ready-to-Drink to keep his muscles nourished throughout the night.
Adrian Peterson’s physique is an example for us all to follow. His dedication and commitment to his fitness and nutrition have made him one of the most formidable running backs in NFL history and he continues to inspire many with his physical accomplishments. From his commitment to weightlifting to eating healthy meals to maintaining a positive mental attitude, he demonstrates how important it is to take care of our bodies so that we can live our best lives. So let’s follow Peterson’s lead and work on reaching our own physical goals!