Chris Bumstead is one of the most notable faces of the fitness and bodybuilding community today. The professional bodybuilder has won the Classic Olympia physique champion title three times in a row. Not only this, but Chris Bumstead is a well-known social media influencer with large followings on Instagram and YouTube and a thriving businessman.
The 2022 Mr. Olympia Chris began weightlifting at the young age of 14 and started competing in bodybuilding at just 19 years old. Chris’ aesthetic physique results from his hardcore training sessions and high-calorie intake.
This article will cover all the must-knows about Bumstead’s workouts, supplements, and diet. Let’s get started.
- Current Body Stats of Chris Bumstead
- Chris Bumstead’s workout routine
- What is Chris Bumstead’s Diet?
- What supplements does Chris Bumstead Use?
- How long does Chris Bumstead Workout?
- What gym does Chris Bumstead go to?
- Final thoughts
Current Body Stats of Chris Bumstead
Before we jump onto Chris’ workout regimen, let’s look into his current body stats.
- Age: 25 years old
- Off-season weight: 118 kg
- Contest weight: 109 kg
- Height: 6 ft. 1 in
- Chest: 51 in
- Waist: 30 in
Chris punctually followed his diet and exercise plans to attain the incredible shape he has today.
So, if you wish for a well-built physique like Chris Bumstead’s, you must start training as early as possible and add nutritious foods to your diet, although it may be difficult initially.
Chris Bumstead’s workout routine
Chris has shared his exercise and nutrition routines in multiple interviews and on his social media platforms to explain the details of his training and help admirers achieve a giant construct like his.
CBUM’s workout routine alternates between off-season and competition. Therefore, he modifies the parameters to suit his goals at the time.
Chris says that intensity is a significant component in his training programs and experiments with volume and frequency.
Take a look at Chris Bumstead’s workout routine’s 5-day training split.
Monday: Chest workout
Here is Chris Bumstead’s chest workout routine, which includes nine different exercises:
- Hammer Curls 3 x 10-12
- Bench Press 4 x 12-8
- Barbell Curls 3 x 12-15
- Preacher Curls 3 x 10-12
- Cables Flys 3 x 15-12
- Push Ups 3 x to failure
- Incline Dumbbell Press 5 x 15-10
- Incline Flys 3 x 15-12
- Reverse Barbell Curls 3 x to failure
Tuesday: Back workout
On Tuesdays, CBUM trains his back. Here is Chris Bumstead’s back workout:
- Deadlifts 4 sets x 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell Row 4 sets x 15, 12, 10, 10 reps
- Machine Row 3 sets x 20 reps
- Hyper Extension 2 sets x to failure
- Straight Arm Pulldowns 4 sets x 12-15 reps
- Bent-Over Rows 4 sets x 12, 10, 10, 8 reps
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns 4 sets x 12-15 reps
Wednesday: Hamstrings and Glutes
As mentioned above, Chris Bumstead trains his upper body for two consecutive days. So, on the third day, CBUM focuses on hitting the hamstrings and glutes to enhance his legs’ structure.
Here is what Chris Bumstead’s hamstrings and glutes workout regimen looks like:
- Reverse hack squat (4 sets of 15-20 reps)
- Standing leg curls (4 sets of 8-10 reps)
- Romanian deadlifts (4 sets of 15-20 reps)
- Lying leg curls (4 sets of 15 reps)
- Glute kickbacks (3 sets of 12-15 reps)
Thursday: Shoulder workout
On Thursdays, Chris Bumstead does a shoulder workout. Usually, the shoulder days start with a thorough warm-up, followed by a set of different exercises.
Here is what a typical shoulder workout looks like for CBUM:
- Machine shoulder press 3-4 x 8-12
- Seated dumbbell shoulder press 3-4 x 8-12
- Leaning cable lateral raise 3 x 10-15
- Machine reverse fly 3-4 x 8-12
- Seated dumbbell lateral raise 3-4 x 10-15
Friday is leg day for CBUM, making it the most challenging training day because of strenuous exercises.
His quads routine includes the following six exercises:
- Leg Extensions 3 x 15
- Back Squats 6 x 10-12
- Hip Adductors 4 x 10-12
- Standing Lunges 4 x 8-12
- Leg Press 4 sets x 20-12 reps
- Standing Calf Raises 4 x 10-12
Saturday and Sunday: Rest Days
Chris Bumstead takes the weekends off to enjoy a deserved rest after five days of continuous training. The rest days help CBUM to regain energy for the upcoming training week.
What is Chris Bumstead’s Diet?
Being an elite-level bodybuilding athlete, Chris Bumstead never compromises on his diet.
In his full day of eating YouTube videos, he has shown that his diet is saturated with healthy and nutritious foods even during the off-season. He cooks himself and prefers non-processed foods most of the time.
Here is what Mr. Olympia Chris eeats on a typical day in his life:
- Breakfast: Bagel, ghee butter, glucose supplement, shake (protein, almond butter, and fiber)
- Pre-workout meal: Chicken breast or ground turkey and white rice.
- Post-workout meal: Bananas, sweet potato, chicken/turkey.
- Snack: Veggie mix, rice, and chicken breast.
- Dinner: Sweet potato, avocado, and chicken breast.
- Snack: Salmon and rice.
Furthermore, Chris also uses protein shakes throughout his day to reach his goal of consuming 5,000 calories per day during the off-season.
What supplements does Chris Bumstead Use?
Chris Bumstead uses additional supplements to meet his nutritional requirements that are often neglected due to highly restrictive diets.
Here are some supplements that CBUM uses:
How long does Chris Bumstead Workout?
Bumstead’s chiseling body often makes the crowd question, how long does Chris Bumstead workout?
Chris Bumstead’s workout is usually a five-day split with rest on the weekends. Each training day focuses on specific muscle groups to get outstanding results. CBUM does a lot of cardio during the competition preparation—up to 2 hours, and weightlifting.
However, Chris may alter his routine in case of a busy schedule or injuries.
What gym does Chris Bumstead go to?
Do fans also wonder in what gym he trains? Well, there is no specific place where CBUM goes to exercise. He workouts at several gyms across North America and uses his home gym for training.
We analyzed Chris Bumstead’s workout program in the hope of assisting you in finding a new and effective training split that will help you fuel your gains and works excellently for you.
This article concludes that CBUM is a true champion who religiously adheres to his training and diet routines. He inspires millions to care for their bodies and achieve a healthy lifestyle.
We wish you the best on your workout journey!