Garlic is commonly known for its use in cooking, but did you know it also has numerous health benefits? From lowering blood pressure to improving cholesterol levels, garlic has been praised for its medicinal properties. While consuming garlic in meals is a great way to incorporate it into your diet, sometimes you may not be getting enough of it. That’s where garlic supplements come in.
Best Garlic Supplement
Garlic supplements have gained popularity in recent years as a more convenient way to reap the benefits of garlic. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. Garlic supplements come in various forms, such as tablets, capsules, and extracts, and they all claim to be the best. But which one should you choose?
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the best garlic supplements on the market. We’ll examine the benefits of garlic, what to look for in a supplement, and provide you with our top picks to help you decide which one is right for you.
Different Types of Garlic Supplements
There are several different types of garlic supplements available, each with its own unique benefits. These include:
Aged Garlic Extract
Aged garlic extract is made by fermenting garlic cloves in alcohol for a period of time, which produces a milder tasting and odorless garlic supplement. The fermentation process also results in a more bioavailable form of garlic, meaning that the body can absorb its nutrients more efficiently.
THIS TYPE OF GARLIC SUPPLEMENT IS OFTEN USED TO SUPPORT HEART HEALTH AND REDUCE INFLAMMATION.
Garlic oil capsules are made by extracting the active compounds of garlic and diluting them in an oil base. This type of garlic supplement is highly concentrated and can provide a strong dose of garlic in a small serving size.
GARLIC OIL CAPSULES ARE OFTEN USED TO SUPPORT IMMUNE FUNCTION AND COMBAT INFECTIONS.
Garlic powder capsules are made by grinding garlic cloves into a fine powder and then encapsulating the powder in a pill. This is one of the most common types of garlic supplements, and it’s a good choice for those who want a potent dose of garlic without the strong odor or taste. Garlic powder capsules are often used to support cardiovascular health and boost the immune system.
Fermented Garlic: Fermented garlic is made by allowing fresh garlic cloves to ferment in water, which enhances its nutritional value and health benefits. It is available in capsules and liquid extracts.
Benefits Of Garlic Supplement
Garlic supplement has been shown to have numerous health benefits, including:
- Heart Health: Garlic supplements can help reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering blood pressure, reducing cholesterol levels, and improving blood flow. Studies have shown that garlic supplements can lower total cholesterol levels by up to 15% and LDL cholesterol levels by up to 20%. This can help reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Immune System Support: It contains compounds that boost the immune system, helping the body to fight off infections and diseases. Studies have shown that garlic supplements can help reduce the severity and duration of colds and flu.
- Aids in Cancer Prevention: Research has found that garlic can help prevent certain types of cancer, including stomach and colon cancers. Garlic contains compounds that have been shown to inhibit the growth of cancer cells and reduce the risk of tumor formation.
- Cholesterol Management: Garlic supplements can help lower LDL cholesterol levels, the “bad” cholesterol that can lead to heart disease, while increasing HDL cholesterol levels, the “good” cholesterol that helps protect the heart.
- Improved Blood Pressure: Garlic supplements can help lower blood pressure, a major risk factor for heart disease and stroke. Studies have shown it can reduce systolic blood pressure by up to 10 points.
Reviews Of The Best Garlic Supplements
After researching and reviewing various garlic supplements on the market, we have compiled a list of the best garlic supplements based on their quality, effectiveness, and customer reviews.
Garlic Supplement Side Effects And Risks
While garlic supplements are generally safe for most people, there are some potential side effects and risks to be aware of.
- Bad Breath: Garlic is known for its strong odor, and taking garlic supplements can cause bad breath. This can be unpleasant for some people, but it is generally not harmful.
- Digestive Issues: Some people may experience digestive issues, such as bloating, gas, and diarrhea, when taking garlic supplements. This is more likely to occur when taking high doses of garlic supplements.
- Allergic Reaction: Some people may be allergic to garlic and may experience symptoms such as itching, swelling, and difficulty breathing. If you experience these symptoms, you should stop taking the supplement and seek medical attention immediately.
- Blood Thinning: Garlic supplements can have a blood-thinning effect, which can be beneficial for some people with certain health conditions. However, it can also increase the risk of bleeding, particularly if taken with other blood-thinning medications. If you are taking blood-thinning medications, you should consult your doctor before taking garlic supplements.
- Interference with Medications: Garlic supplements can interact with certain medications, including blood-thinning medications, medications for high blood pressure, and some antibiotics. If you are taking any medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking garlic supplements to avoid any potential interactions.
Garlic supplements can provide a range of health benefits, including improved heart health, immune system support, cholesterol management, and anti-inflammatory effects. When choosing a garlic supplement, it is important to consider factors such as dosage, form, allium compound concentration, quality, and brand reputation. Garlic supplements can be a valuable addition to your overall health and wellness routine, but it is important to choose a high-quality supplement and to use it safely and responsibly.